Friday, May 27, 2016

How to become a marketing powerhouse

marketing help, marketing blogs

Marketing is all about creativity. It takes creativity to attract your prospective client’s attention. It takes creativity to stand out against your competitors. It also takes creativity to write a great marketing message or land a new client. The enemy of creativity is fear. Specifically, the fear of failure.

Today I’m going to show you how I overcame this challenge, and how you too can become free to create without fear. I hope you find it as useful as I have.

Allow me to explain.

It looks like this

I decided to improve how I felt about creating, by reframing my work as a series of experiments. This was not only extremely helpful. It was factually correct.

When you think about it, everything we do at work is done to achieve some kind of result. That result can be considered as feedback. By monitoring the feedback of our work or output, we can learn and improve. This is much like the process of testing and measuring, used in scientific experiments.

So, I switched [mentally] from spending my day on a series of projects, to spending my day on a series of experiments. What I love about this approach is that it makes me massively more productive. That’s because the more I experiment, the more feedback I receive. And the feedback is extremely valuable.

  • Sometimes the feedback is what I expected.
  • Sometimes the feedback is a total surprise.
  • Sometimes the feedback leads me to another [and another…] experiment.
  • Sometimes the feedback leads to a major breakthrough.
  • Sometimes the feedback leads to a new direction.

However, no experiment fails! As such, fear was eliminated from my creative output. This freed me to become vastly more productive.

Could this approach work for you? Yes. Yes it could. However, you’ll never know until you give it a try.

P.S. Here’s why people criticise you and how to deal with it, in just 3 steps.

Let's grow your business! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales, attract more clients and boost your profits. To find out how, click here.



Originally posted on this blog

Remember to bookmark this page and check out these posts for more digital marketing tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment