Ask any struggling business owner about marketing and they will tell you the following: “I don’t have enough time for marketing”. And it’s a lie.
Whether these business owners know it or not, they are marketing their business all day every day. That’s because everything in business is marketing.
- The level of customer service you provide.
- The conversations you have.
- The quality of the coffee you offer your guests.
- The way you answer the phone.
- The investment [or lack of investment] you make in your branding.
- The way you speak.
- The causes your business chooses to support.
- The way you encourage late payers to pay you on time.
- The suppliers you use.
- The kind of offers you use to attract new clients.
- The range of services you provide.
- The way you use social networks.
- The prices or fees you charge.
- The confidence you inspire in others when you connect with them.
- The cleanliness of your shop window.
- The way you respond to email enquiries.
- The content you use on your website.
- The places you choose to advertise.
- The groups your business belongs to.
- The time it takes you to make a decision.
- The quality of photography you use.
- The leadership you demonstrate.
- The guarantees you offer.
- The way you communicate with your clients or customers.
- The regularity with which you achieve deadlines.
- The way you and your team dress.
It’s all marketing. It’s telling people a story about your business and what you stand for. It’s setting expectations. It’s building or eroding confidence in your business.
If you run a business, you are already engaged in marketing. And you’re doing it all day, every day. So, the question isn’t whether you market your business or not.
The question is this: Are you doing it correctly or are you losing a fortune?
Remember -- if you'd like some help with your business or a project, you can Pick My Brain for the answers and ideas you need. This service is [literally] guaranteed to help you. You can find out more here.
Originally posted on this blog
Remember to bookmark this page and check out these posts for more digital marketing tips.